Pomoć - Pretraga - Članovi - Kalendar
Puna verzija: Ode Didi...
Liverpool FC - You'll Never Walk Alone > Liverpool FC > Transferi i Glasine
Tonča
Didi Hamann
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N...060711-1337.htm

Zao mi je sto odlazi, ali vec je mator. Ostavio je veliki trag u Liverpoolu i srecno mu bilo gde god bio!

Samo zaboravih da kazem da je otisao u Bolton.
Dusan
Da, desilo se ono sto smo i ocekivali. Bilo je jasno da ce otici, samo smo nagadjali gde ce se preseliti.

Sada definitivno ostaje rupa u veznom redu. Nemoguce je izgurati sezonu u kojoj igrate 4 takmicenja sa samo 3 centralna vezna fudbalera i Zendenom kao dopunom.
Tonča
Jos jedan obrt!
Na zvanicnom sajtu Boltona je objavljeno:
BOLTON WANDERERS wishes to clarify that although Didi Hamann signed a contract with the Club, he has since had a change of heart and will sign for another football club in the next 24 hours.
Dakle, izgleda da nece biti Bolton?
Scouser
kao sto je vecjina i ocekivala...

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagen...p?newsid=155035

Mancester City - najverovatnije.
copkillah
Hvala mu za Istanbul, njegov ulazak je doneo preokret.

Puno sreće matori!
Liverpool Lou
Hvala na svemu Didi i puno srece.
billshankly
Auf wiedersehen and danke to the Kaiser
Jul 18 2006

By Jimmy Pilnick, Liverpool supporter

NE of the few highlights of a simply wretched 1998-99 season for Reds fans was a game around Christmas time against Newcastle. The historians largely overlook this match, mainly due to the 4-3 classics that preceded it, but it was still a thriller in its own right.

The Geordies raced into a 2-0 lead before the Reds, inspired by a Kop in fine form, Veggard Heggem's marauding runs down the right and Michael Owen's brilliance in front of goal, roared back to claim a memorable 4-2 win. Even Stig Bjornebye went on a mesmerising run to set up the 4th for Karl-Heinz Riedle. It was that kind of day!

Newcastle also had a player dismissed just before half time, which undoubtedly helped the Reds' cause. Apart from bemoaning the fact that one particular challenge brought a premature end to Steve McManaman's afternoon, I doubt the player in question crossed many Kopites' minds as we made our way home.

Yet seven and a half years on from that cold December day, Didi Hamann leaves as an Anfield legend, one of the most popular overseas players ever to wear the red shirt, if not the most popular. The man Gerard Houllier paid 8 million for just a few months after he was sent off at Anfield will walk through the Shankly Gates for the last time in possession of 2 League Cup winners' medals, 2 FA Cup winners' medals, 2 European Super Cup winners' medals, a Charity Shield winners' medal, a UEFA Cup winners' medal and, best of all, a European Cup winners' medal. Is it any wonder Jamie Carragher takes exception when the current team is accused of living in the shadows of the great sides of the past?

Didi also has the distinction of being the last Liverpool player to appear in a World Cup Final, while he gave me and I'm sure many other Reds a great laugh by embarrassing David Seaman and scoring the last ever goal at Wembley in 2000.

But merely pointing out the glittering array of medals only scratches the surface when reflecting on the impact Hamann has had at Anfield. After all, Diouf, Diao, Josemi, Nunez and Biscan, to name but a few, all won silverware during their time here.

After an admittedly slow start, his calm, assured, yet commanding displays in the middle of the park have been an integral part of Liverpool under both Houllier and Rafa Benitez. His experience is simply invaluable in big games. Ask Roma, Barcelona or Milan! Even last season, he was immense in the Cup tie against the Mancs and, for the second time in a year, appeared from the bench to exert his unquestionable influence on a Cup final that was slipping away from us.

Who knows what would have happened had he started the second leg against Benfica, especially with Sami Hyypia missing. And who knows what would have happened had Jurgen Klinsmann taken him to the World Cup. Didi would have offered ideal protection to Klinsmann's exciting young side, and his experience might well have helped them through to the penalty shootout they so desired in the semi final against Italy.

Hamann leaves behind three colleagues who would grace any midfield in the world. How much has his presence hastened the development of first Steven Gerrard, then Xabi Alonso, and now Momo Sissoko? I'm sure all three have benefited from Didi's great experience off the pitch, while playing alongside him on it allowed Gerrard and Alonso to do what they do best in the knowledge Hamann was always around to mind the shop. As for Sissoko, I'm sure watching and learning from Hamann played a part in him settling here so quickly and enjoying a superb debut season in English football.

Undoubtedly, his display in Istanbul will be what Hamann is remembered by in years to come. I'm sure I wasn't the only one gasping in disbelief when he wasn't in the starting line up. The fact that Kaka hardly got a kick once he was brought on, after destroying us in the first half, tells its own story. He takes a mean penalty too, as we discovered in the shoot-out and again a year later in Cardiff!

My favourite "Didi moment" though, came before Istanbul, in the last 16 against Leverkusen. The whole of Anfield was singing his name as he stepped up to take a free-kick against his compatriots, stroking the ball home to put us 3-0 up and sending Anfield wild. He'd finally banished the memories of his baffling withdrawal against the same opponents three years earlier and the Reds' subsequent collapse in the Bay Arena.

I was hoping Didi would see out the second year of his latest contract at Anfield, and I'm sure it was a wrench for him to leave after seven amazing years. His experience could have still proved invaluable, especially in Europe. However, few had an inkling of the impact Momo Sissoko would have after he joined from Valencia last summer. As a result, Didi's first team opportunities had became limited and would have been even more so in the new season, so nobody can blame him for seeking regular football elsewhere.

Also, maybe Rafa sees this as time to let go. Didi is 32 now and has always been our "insurance policy."

By allowing him to leave, Rafa is displaying his undoubted faith in the midfielders we have. Sissoko was awesome in his first major cup final, and Rafa clearly trusts him to protect the side at the toughest venues in English and European football, just as Hamann has done for the last seven years.

Didi's initial choice of new employers did leave me miffed; Bolton, with their ale-house football and whinging manager, is a destination a million miles beneath The Kaiser's class. Any ground, which blasts "is this the way to Amarillo" over its tannoy after a goal is scored, is no fitting home for a Liverpool legend!

His decision to do an 11th hour u-turn and join Man City is a welcome one. Let's not forget how helpful City and in particular Stuart Pearce were in making Robbie Fowler's dream move back to Anfield a reality. If City thought we owed them one, then they've been amply repaid by getting a truly magnificent midfielder for next to nothing.

I'm sure when he returns to Anfield with his new club, Didi will get one of the best receptions ever reserved for a former player. For seven excellent years, his consistent performances, the "A" game that he always brought to the big occasion, and his overall contribution to Liverpool's 21st Century renaissance, he'll certainly deserve it.
Catwoman
DIDI: IT'S GOING TO BE EMOTIONAL
IPB Image
The German midfielder has recovered from a leg injury and looks set to start in the City midfield as Stuart Pearce's men go in search of their first away success of the season.

After making 283 appearances during a glorious career with the Reds, Hamann is eagerly anticipating tomorrow's game and the chance to meet up with many old friends.

"It will be emotional," he admitted. "I went to the Galatasaray match earlier this season when I said hello to a few people, but that's the only time I've been back.

"A part of me feels like I still belong there. I was there a long time and had some wonderful memories. Part of me is still Liverpool and I hope I get a nice reception.

"I'm surprised at how they've started, because I really thought they would be genuine title contenders this season.

"I didn't think they'd be so many points behind the top two, which is really down to their away record - although they have had their five or six toughest away trips already.

"But I still think they will finish top three. We put together a run of nine or 10 wins last season and they are capable of doing it again."

Hamann accepts it'll be tough for City to get the result they desire, especially with the Liverpool captain back in top form.

"If Stevie's on his game he's hard to stop," he added. "His pace, his passing, his shooting - he can take any defence apart. We have to defend as a team and help each other out, because if you let yourself get one against one with him you're in trouble.

"I can't really give our lads any tips on how to stop him. Our people have watched him a few times and there's nothing I can really tell them they don't already know. Except that it will be tough!"
Ovo je "lo-fi" verzija našeg glavnog sadržaja. Da biste videli punu verziju, sa svim informacijama, formatiranjem ili slikama, molimo vaskliknite ovde.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.